Are you looking for a change in your life? Need to give new life to your home, maybe? Painting and decorating are excellent ways to spruce up a boring space inside of your home, however don’t only consider painting the inside! Painting a house exterior really isn’t hard, and it can give you the spice you need to change things up, sometimes even drastically!
If you do decide to paint inside your home rather than paint a house, there are a few things you are going to want to remember to do before, during, and after you add your new colour and craft home improvements.
1. When you are deciding which size and type of brush to use, remember that synthetic can last up to five times longer than a brush with natural bristles, and a natural brush does not go well with any sort of water based paint.
2. Before giving your radiator a new coat of paint, be sure to turn it off and let it cool. Then, clean it with warm water and a mild detergent, rinse thoroughly, dry, and prime.
3. Be sure to wash any wall or surface that you have removed wall paper from and fill in any holes before priming the area for paint.
4. When choosing new wall colors for your painting and decorating, it is always important to bring home color swatches from your local hardware store and see how they look against the wall you are going to add them to! You want to make sure you are going to love the color before you go through all the effort of painting!
5. As a general rule of thumb, try to apply two full even coats of paint to any surface you are redoing, whether it is the ceiling or walls. If you are doing windows, skirting boards and doors, paint the windows first and give them a full day of drying time before painting the door(s) and skirting. After that you can start on the walls and ceiling.
If you follow these basic rules, it shouldn’t be too hard for you to accomplish any of your painting excursions without a hitch! And, if you add a few new decorative touches to your space, like a new furniture piece or light fixture, you will see a real difference after only putting in a minimal amount of work! Follow these tips, and you will see that even the smallest amount of painting and decorating can make a huge difference to any room. More information like this: www.colourandcraft.co.uk Get more on this here.